Adjustments to Inventory can be used to change the stock balance either up or down. Your system comes with 2 default adjustment reasons - increase inventory and decrease inventory. You can add more to track activities specific to your business such as adjustments out for charitable donations,consumption, waste, spoilage, shrinkage and so forth.
To begin, we need to navigate to “Inventory”>”Inventory Adj's”>> "+ New Adjustment" as shown below.
- Select order store - this is the inventory you are adjusting
- Select an adjustment reason - usually just increase or decrease the inventory
- Add items whose inventory you wish to adjust from Search panel by scan or type any product ID (SKU, UPC, Name etc) just like the Front Register or you can also use the search function(Advanced Search) to find and add multiple items.
- Add a note if you like
- You can change the qty on each line, delete lines.
- You can Save as Draft if you are not done editing your adjustment.
- When you are finished Save & Continue will update your inventory levels.
*Important: Keep in mind that this is only increasing or decreasing from the CURRENT stock of the item. The quantity that you put in is the amount by which you increase or decrease from the current stock. The quantity you put in is NOT the new stock balance the item will have. Example: If I have a quantity of 5 for Red Shoes and I need 2 more, I do not put in the number “7” for quantity, I only put in the number “2” to add 2 more.
Import Adjustment to Inventory
Once you have chosen the store and reason code, we can then head over to the action menu in the “Automation” section. Here you can scan in products, import a product list via .csv, find items via the search, or create new items entirely to add to the adjustment. Once you have added in all items you need, simple click “Save” and your adjustment has been completed.