MicroBiz Cloud treats a special order as an 'overlay' on a customer order/backorder.
As a result, the special order quantity cannot be greater than the backorder quantity associated with the special order.
For example, if you create a backorder with a quantity of 1, you cannot increase the quantity on the Special Order pop-up screen to be greater than 1. But if the backorder is for a quantity of 4, you can change the quantity of the special order to be between 1 and 4.
To create a Special Order with a quantity greater than 1 for an out-of-stock item, you need to:
1) From the 'Out of Stock' pop-up, press the Create Special Order button
2) The system will present the Special Order management pop up screen
3) Close the Special Order pop-up screen using the X at the top right to display the customer order/backorder
4) Change the quantity of the backordered item to the desired quantity (such as 4)
5) Select the line item that needs to be special ordered, and then press the 'Special Order' button in the Action Menu>Items
6) This will activate the Special Order management pop up again, where you can now change the quantity of the special order to up to the quantity of the backorder (i.e up to 5).