The Task Scheduler in MicroBiz allows you to setup functions that the system will automatically manage. One of these tasks is closing the register at the end of the day.
Setting Up Register Auto Close Task Scheduler
To access the Task Scheduler, go to Back Office -> Settings-> Scheduled Tasks.
To create a new task, click on the 'New Scheduled Task' button at the top right on the screen. This will open a new task record.
Once you have started a new task record, you can fill in the following fields:
- Task Type - from the field, select the task type "Close Register" from the dropdown.
- Interval - this determines how often the task will occur. Options include Day or Week. We recommend closing your register on a daily basis, or at the same intervals as you use for batching your credit card terminals.
- Run Time - this field determine when the action will take place during the interval. For an auto-close register task, its recommended that the register batch be scheduled to close at or after the business ends. Or if you auto batch close your payment terminals, we recommend auto closing your registers at the same time used to auto close your payment terminals.
- Start Date - determines when the action should become active.
- End Date - determines when the action should be terminated.
- Select Registers - select all the registers at your business that you want to include in the auto task action.
- Register Batch Status - select whether to 'quick close' the batch or 'fully' close.
As soon as all the options are set up, click Save & Continue at the top right, and that is all. Now all the selected registers will be automatically closed at the time set up in the settings.
Viewing Closed Batches
Closed register batches can be viewed from the Back Office screen at Transactions>Batches. You can view the batch summary and reprint the Z Report from this screen.
Adjusting for Subsequent Cash Count
When you auto close a register, the system closes the register assuming that the calculated total in the cash drawer is equal to the actual cash count. However, the system allows you to edit the batch to adjust for the actual cash count made the following morning.
When you reopen the batch record from the Manage Batch grid, you will see a orange button labeled 'Complete Checkout'. This will pen a form that will allow you to enter the cash count if the Quick Close setting is selected, or a more detailed form for all tender methods if the 'Complete' setting is selected.
- Only registers with open batches will be closed.