Overview of Vendor Shipment and Purchase Order
Modified on: Fri, 26 Jun, 2020 at 11:44 AM
Supplier shipments provides an easy way to check in goods shipped from one of your vendors or distributors. You can scan items or enter the SKU, UPC, Item Name manually or through the item search function. For convenience you can the cost and price of the item from the shipment and there are places to record the invoice, packing slip and freight costs. You can receive from scratch or against an existing purchase order. You can also print tags from your shipment.
Purchase Orders are often the first step for a retailer in controlling your inventory and cash flow. The purchase order module provides an easy way to record your orders from one of your vendors or distributors. You can scan items or enter the SKU, UPC, Item Name manually or through the item search function. For convenience you can the cost and price of the item from the shipment and there are places to record the start ship & cancel, shipping method and payment terms. The PO can be printed and email and faxed to your supplier and supplier shipments can be received against the PO. Backorders can be maintained and reviewed and open orders can be canceled. You can also print tags from your order.
Settings That Affect This:
Home Screen >>Settings>> General >>Advanced Settings >> Inventory Settings
- Default Vendor PO Start Ship Days
- Default Vendor PO Cancel Date Days
- Default PO Bill to Address
- Default PO Ship to Address
- Default Vendor PO Expected Days
- Default Vendor Order Pay Terms
Catalog >> Vendors>> Vendor Settings
- Minimum Orders ($) - dollar amount minimum vendor order.
- Default Payment Terms
- Submit Order Via
- Vendor Expected Date (estimate arrival date)
- Treat Vendor as Distributor - setting a Vendor as a distributor means any item in your MicroBiz system can be ordered from this Vendor.
Catalog >> Manage Products >> Product Settings
- Minimum Order Qty - for that item minimum qty that can be ordered.
- Discontinued - item can be sold,shipments received and so forth but can no longer be placed on a new purchase order.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.