Discount an Item at the Front Register
- Click on the checkbox to select an items on the sale( to apply discounts on a Sale, its mandatory to change from setting>>Advanced Settings>>Register Settings>>Allow Discounts at Front Register to 'yes' ).
- From the Action Menu >> Items Panel Click Discount Item.
- Enter a %off, $off or New Price. The new price is the total package price for all lines selected.
- Select the reason that you are Discounting the items and hit on the apply button.
after the changes that you made, you will have a new total which means the Total of the Sale will be decreased.
Other Ways of Doing This
- The Register Discount is only one way of placing items on sale. You can also create a promotion to mark down groups of items automatically at the Front Register. The sale price for a promotion will come up automatically when it is added to the transaction.