The Quick Pick Panel allows you to quickly add common items that are sold at your store at a transaction. From the front register, you can scroll through different panels and add items to the transaction with one touch. Panels can be set up for products and services, and can contain buttons for simple, matrix, non-inventory and prompt for price items.
Where to Find the Quick Pick Settings
The Quick Pick panel settings can be accessed from the Main Settings Menu: Settings >> Sales >> Quick Pick.
You will be brought to the Quick Pick Panel management grid, which displays all the Quick Pick panels. To create a new QP Panel, press the 'Add New' button at the top right corner of the screen. You can add up to 18 buttons per panel.
Step One: Set Up Quick Pick Panel
This screen allows you to set up the scrolling panel of buttons. The left side is settings, while the right side displays the buttons that will be displayed on the panel.
Here are the key settings:
- Panel Title - Title that will appear at the top of the panel.
- Panel Order - Order that the panel will be displayed at the front register. Register will open displaying panel 1. When entering a new order number (such as 3) , the existing panels with higher order numbers will be automatically be adjusted (so the existing 3rd panel will be renumbered 4).
- Heading Text Color - Will default to dark. In the future, you will have the option of choosing light if you have a dark background.
- Panel Header Color - Will default to light gray. In the future you will be able to choose the panel heading background color.
Step Two: Add Button to the Panel
Individual buttons can be added by clicking on the '+' button displayed on the right side of the panel set up screen. This will open a pop up that allows you to add a new button for an item (or edit an existing item button).
Item - This field allows you to search and attach an item button to the Quick Pick button.
Price - Is initially set to the Retail Price of the product, however you are allowed to change the price to another price
Button Label - The label/name that appears on the QP button can be different than the name of the item. This allows you to shorten the name that appears on the button if necessary. The button item name can be a maximum of 10 characters per lines and 20 characters in total
Text Color - Defaults to dark text.
Button Color - This control allows you to set the color of the top border of the QP button.
- A product can be assigned to multiple QP Panels.
- You can add a configurable item instead of adding all the simple items and the configurable options dialogue will display after you click the QP button for the configurable item.
- The label/name that appears on the QP button can be different than the name of the item. This allows you to shorten the name that appears on the button if necessary
- Product names can be a maximum of 10 characters per each of the two lines (20 characters in total)